Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Accolades for the Informatics Professor - Summer 2013 Edition

Periodically I like to share some of the accolades I receive in my work, and this posting is another installment.

First, I was featured in a piece in Health Data Management concerning my accomplishments generally and related to the HITECH program specifically.

Next, this blog was named among the best health information technology (HIT) blogs from an HIT recruiter site.

Finally, I had the opportunity to present in an interesting format at the Ignite Health meeting in Portland, OR on September 19, 2013. The format for each presenter was to have five minutes to talk and each slide advancing automatically after 15 seconds, for a total of 20 slides. It was fun by challenging, and I also had to go after a speaker who had a wonderfully choreographed presentation with beautiful graphical slides. It was quite challenging for an academic used to a longer time to talk and less graphical slides, but I made the best of it. I chose to focus my presentation and its slides on the new Informatics Discovery Lab in our department. There is also an index to the overall program.

Postscript: The day after posting, I was mentioned in this nice article on the clinical informatics board exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment